Image & Text Transfer on Pottery
05 May 2016
Personalised Pottery Ceramics
Bespoke Designs, Commissions and Unique Keepsakes
The personalised pottery plate was made by:
- Photographing the wedding venue
- The photograph was then converted to an illustration using a FREE online programme.
- The text was typed (and arched in Microsoft Word).
- The image and text was printed on a household printer on standard copier paper. You may need to do a few prints to adjust the size to fit your bisque plate.
- The paper was cut to size and placed on the plate.
- CLAY CARBON PAPER was carefully placed under the printed artwork and text (remember to check it the right-side up).
- The image and text was traced so that the Clay Carbon Paper transferred a light grey outline on the pottery.
- The image was then "coloured-in" using underglaze.
- The text was written over using a dimensional glaze.
- The plate was clear-glazed and fired as normal.